Moceri Minute

If you are a reservist or part of the National Guard, keep this tip in mind:
  • You can deduct overnight travel expenses if your trip exceeds 100 miles.
  • You can claim expenses you incur for transportation, meals, lodging and incidentals, up to the maximum federal per diem rate for your area.

The tax law’s prohibition on deducting unreimbursed employee expenses doesn’t apply in this case.

Call us if you have any questions!